Eating the same breakfast, week after week, can be boring. I decided to try and make my own recipe for breakfast potatoes inspired by a few recipes I saw online. Here it is and it is delicious! Try it out, you will be glad you did!
Prep + Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Petite Gold Gourmet Potatoes or another potato (3/4 lb. cut into 1 inch cubes or wedges)
- Leaf Oregano (1 Tsp.)
- Garlic Powder (1/2 Tbsp.)
- Black Pepper (1 Tsp.)
- Garlic Salt (1 1/2 Tsp.)
- Butter or Margarine (2 Tbsp.)
- Vegetable Oil (2 Tbsp.)
- Water (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes or wedges
- Rinse the potatoes off in water, make sure you strain the water
- Pour 1 cup of water, vegetable oil, and butter into a frying pan that is 1 1/2 inches deep or deeper and has a lid.
- Then place the potatoes into the same frying pan.
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings over top the potatoes, into the frying pan. (Leaf oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, garlic salt).
- Cook on Medium Heat for about 35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Make sure to put the lid on the pan for the first 20 minutes and stir occasionally. Add an additional water (1/2 cup of water at a time) as needed if the liquid cooks down too far before the potatoes are near done. (You want the liquid to cook down when the potatoes are near done, the goal is to allow the liquid to get thick in nature at the end when the potatoes are near finished cooking)
- Turn off stove and removed potatoes from frying pan on to a plate or tray covered with a paper towel.
- Let sit for 1 minute
- Serve with the rest of your breakfast!