Ok, so we know that water is good for us. There is no one on the Earth that can dispute that fact. The real question is how good? This article will cover 8 benefits of drinking water. Feel free to comment below with more benefits if you know any!
Let’s dive in!
- Helps to deliver oxygen throughout the body – Our blood is more than 90% water and helps to carry oxygen throughout our body.
- Helps improve skin health – dehydration can cause premature skin wrinkling. Also, it can help rid the body of toxins that may affect the skin.
- Helps your digestive system – dehydration can lead to constipation and other complications.
- It helps to maintain blood pressure – dehydration can cause blood to become thicker and affect your blood pressure.
- Helps you absorb minerals and nutrients – They dissolve in water which also makes it possible for them to reach different areas of the body.
- Helps your kidneys – When your kidneys become dehydrated, kidney stones and other problems can arise.
- Helps with weight loss – Consuming water instead of sugar drinks can help you to lose weight and/or keep weight off.
- Saves Money – A cup of water from the faucet cost approximately less than a penny. If you compare that to a cup of juice, coffee, etc. you will see that it will save you significantly. You can even buy low cost filters to filter tap water if you choose to.
So those were some of the benefits of drinking water. I’m sure there are tons more, but those are the ones that stuck out to me! If you know of anymore benefits of water, feel free to comment below.